27 Things I've Learned in 27 Years
So what have I learned in twenty seven years?
Well, quite a lot, actually. But I'll skip over the part where I mastered walking, talking, and putting on false eyelashes; and get straight to the philosophical stuff:
1. Up until about two years ago, I always thought I would have my life sorted out by the time I was 30. That definitely is not the case.
2. People who wake up earlier in the morning get more done.
3. My regret of missing out on an experience far outweighs the anxiety that prevents me from doing it.
4. The only way to improve a skill, is to be spend a long time not being very good at something.
5. It is not my responsibility to fix those who are broken.
6. There is a big difference between working harder and working smarter.
7. "Skinny" and "pretty" are not the same thing.
8. The clothes I bought when I was 22 really don't suit me anymore. (Or fit me anymore.)
9. Blogging is not always glamorous - but it's really fun!
10. I should embrace what makes me different, instead of trying to conform.
11. No one has a perfect life, no matter what Instagram would lead to believe. We all have problems.
12. You can't hustle every single day.
13. ...But you also can't get any work done with Grey's Anatomy on in the background.
14. Travel is always worth the cost of the ticket. (Even overpriced train tickets.)
15. Hardly anyone has their dream career and/or their dream salary in their late twenties. Those who do are the exception, not the rule.
16. Sometimes you have to learn to accept the apology you never got.
17. Things don't always get easier, but I can learn to change the way I deal with challenges.
18. I can't get away with skipping my skincare routine anymore.
19. I am not obliged to spend time with people who make me uncomfortable.
20. What works for everyone else doesn't always work for me.
21. Parents are not perfect, and children do not come with instruction manuals.
22. I am not capable of having "just one" biscuit.
23. I will make small changes for the better, but I'll always be Alice. I'll always be a little awkward and a little shy no matter what my age.
24. Even though I work from home, putting on makeup and getting dressed is always a good idea.
25. Just because I can justify pretty much any purchase doesn't mean I should.
26. Liking myself is more import than getting other people to like me.
27. Everything will be fine in the end... probably.